This week we are featuring a brand new roof install in Bartow for a company based out of North Carolina. This building is approximately 40 feet by 100 feet.
A major part of this job was the roof. The existing roof was installed with lag fasteners and unfortunately, those rusted over time so it was time to update those for our client. Our crew used a torch to remove those existing fasteners and we completely removed that rusty, old roof to make way for a higher-quality, brand new 26 gauge galvalume roof. We installed 15 new purlins along with it.
Check out these photos for a better look at our work on this project so far:
- Picture 5: These are the rusted original sheets and purlins. Look at the difference between the existing and new ones!
- Picture 6: The beginning the new sheets and ridge cap being installed here
- Pictures 3,7,8: Look at the new roof purlins installed where the old ones were rusted away
- Picture 1: This angle shows the rusted sheets from underneath
- Picture 2: Another look at the difference between the old and new sheets
- Pictures 9-11: Check out that new roof!
- Picture 12: Roof sheets are all installed. We just have a little bit of ridge cap to run to be complete.
We got all of this work done in less than a week!
Next, we’ll be framing and sheeting the gable end. After that, we’ll start installing the gutter and downspouts.
Check out the rest of our Project Build Blog for information on past and current projects.
A.O. Construction provides full-service general contracting, construction management, and design/build construction for the Central Florida market. We also serve Winter Haven, Lakeland, Davenport, Haines City, Auburndale, and Avon Park. For more information, give us a call at 863-299-4444 or email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.